This is my husband’s recipe and his pet name for it is “Trashy Taco Salad.”
Easy Taco Salad: Recipe Highlights
Easy Taco Salad
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 large bag Doritos (Nacho Cheese)
- 1 jar taco sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef until browned. Add the taco seasoning and cook according to the directions. Typically, add 1/2 - 3/4 cup water and seasoning to the ground beef and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- In a bowl add a couple handfuls of nacho cheese Doritos.
- On top of the Doritos add taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream as desired.
- Top the taco salad with Ortega taco sauce.
Despite how awesome I might appear online, mistakes happen. If you happen to spot one on this recipe, save your fellow cooks a disaster and let me know by using the contact form.