Looking for dark chocolate fudge brownies? If you’re looking for a fudge brownie recipe, you have to give this one a shot. They are made with special dark cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips. For dark chocolate overdose: try adding a dark chocolate frosting topping (grab a napkin to wipe the drool). They don’t last long in my house, and I presume they won’t last long in yours either. I couldn’t get some to my mother’s house before they had disappeared. These are pretty rich, so it’s best to cut them into smaller pieces and have some rescue milk or vanilla ice cream in reserve.
I recommend if you have children that you wait to start the recipe until after hours if want them to survive the night. This particular batch was born at 10:35 pm, February 3, 2015, 2” long, 0.25 lb. (disclaimer: I didn’t weigh them. Don’t be disappointed when your brownie bite only weighs a couple ounces.)
Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 1 cup + 6 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups special dark cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9 pan (I use a pyrex glass pan greased with butter).
- In a glass dish, melt the butter in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a mixer, combine the melted butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix until creamy.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Sift using a wire whisk or sifter.
- On low speed, alternate adding in the eggs and dry mixture to the butter and sugar. Do not over mix.
- Place the brownie batter into the greased pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the batter and, using a rubber spatula, gently press them down into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until the top is slightly crispy.
- Allow them to cool before cutting.
p.s. Despite how awesome I might appear online, mistakes happen. If you happen to spot one on this recipe, save your fellow cooks a disaster and let me know by using the contact form.